Sneak Peak - Relics and Miracles and Stratagems, Oh my!




These updates are coming through faster than I can keep track!

Games Workshop put out another bulletin last night details a few different Warlord traits, Relics and Order convictions.
I'm not going to details them all below, but I will pick out the ones that are most interesting or relevant to me as an
Order of Our Martyred Lady player.

I'm very exited by what we have had previewed so far,
but I should mention that I'm solidly in the "Pro" camp of the Miracle Dice system. I know a lot of people don't like that it's replaced the Act's of Faith system. Whilst I respect that it is a divisive choice by GW, I think its good move as the Act's of faith were pretty confusing to my tiny lizard brain and (let's be honest) pretty unreliable. Having a bank of pre-rolled dice to switch out at any point seems very thematic and exiting to.
Just imagine that a Carnifex charges into one of your Melta-Immolator and by the Emperor's divine blessing you pull out a couple of pre-rolled 6's and you pummel that bad-boy in overwatch.

It's not going to win us any tournaments, but from a narrative perspective when it works, it will *really* work.

With that out of the way, lets have a look and see what we got:


This is our "Order Conviction", which is basically the Sororitas equivalent to a Space Marine's Chapter Tactic. As long as your army is Battle-Forged, all your OoOML units will get this special rule.
The first half of the conviction is pretty neat, getting an extra Miracle dice every time a unit dies is nice to have if you want to build a list around farming those precious Miracles. It's nothing game breaking, but its just a nice reliable way to build up those dice. The second half of the Conviction rules are (in my opinion) very cool. Again, it's never going to be a game-breaking special rule, but if you loose a single model from a squad of Dominions or even a big old blob of Battle Sisters, the unit is going to be hitting on 2's! That's so unique and it fits in with the theme of our vengeful nuns getting whipped into a fury at the loss of a beloved Sister.
That's +1 to hit in shooting as well as combat. Combine that with our ability to heal units and bring unit's back from the dead and we can legit have a full squad of Multi-meltas hitting on 2's!

Speaking of Multi-Meltas, take a peak at this:

At 2 command points, its not particularly cheap, but a squad of Retributors firing off a bunch 36" range Mulit-melta shots into an opponents back line and then adding +1 to the damage rolls is certainly not to be sniffed at.
Also Heavy-Bolters hitting on 5's in overwatch is pretty neat. (I think I'm reading that right)

We also got a 1CP stratagem which will be useful if you are really leaning into the Miracle Dice system (which is how I will be building my first few lists I think).


It's similar to the 1CP for a free re-roll stratagem, but with the added benefit of knowing what the result will be ahead of time. It might not be anything to write home about, but its another cheap and effective tool to add to our arsenal.


We got a preview of 2 Warlord traits, the first being "Beacon of Faith" which allows you to generate an additional Miracle dice each turn the Warlord is on the battlefield.  More Miracle dice! more! MORE! Mwahahaha!

The second Warlord trait is a 6" aura buff that increases a units Shield of Faith roll by 1 to a maximum of 4++. Thats pretty cool when combined with one of the new relics, as you can see below...

Finally we got a little look at a couple of relics, the first of which being The Book of Saint Lucius. 
Its a relic that increases the wielder's buffing auras by 3". GW made a point of mentioning that this will stack with the "Rod of Office" range buff which will give us the opportunity to have a 12" bubble on some of our character's punchier auras.

The second relic got a proper codex screen grab:
If you plan on really doubling down on getting the best out of those Miracle Dice, this seems like a great relic. Sure there will be sometimes when you want to relay on getting a 1 (like moral tests) but if your Miracle Dice pool is starting to fill up with low numbers, it's a nice back-up to have so you can fish for those precious 6's.

Well, that's it for this yesterdays announcements, but with the speed GW are putting these out, I expect to be back tomorrow with more details.

Thanks for reading.


Comments

  1. Things are really looking good for sisters and I can see me dropping a lot of money on these ladies. With at least 3 boxes and at least 2 of the characters on my wish list, I'd better start saving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. Looking at the Battle Sisters box, I'm going to need about 12 of them to build my troops, Celestians and Dominions. At least we'll have plenty of spare bits left over from each box. :)

      Delete
  2. Extra range on those multi-meltas is going to be murder; I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some of our relics and stratagems are looking very tasty. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment